Homeroom designs artistic projects and programs with two core values: conversation and collaboration. We build programming structures with artists, audiences, curators and venues to create an artistic dialogue with shared and far-reaching impact.
Homeroom promotes artistic experimentation and growth by liberating artists from the financial and artistic constraints imposed by traditional institutional and commercial channels.
Homeroom creates collaborative, multidisciplinary arts programs guided by key values and goals:
- Highlight new collaborations, perspectives, and presentational formats;
- Bring together artists from different genres and media, often challenging them to produce work outside their standard practice or with new and relevant considerations;
- Commission artists to make new work whenever possible;
- Compensate artists and curators for their time and talent;
- Partner with artists and organizations who best fit the qualities of each program; and
- Provide insight and transparency into artistic and curatorial processes.
Board of Directors
Michael Smith, Chairman
Joe Bogdan, Secretary
Cara Dehnert Huffman
Susan Musich, Executive Director
Aaron Rodgers, Programming Officer
Seth Vanek, Programming Officer
Tselanie Townsend, Digital Coordinator
Phillip Sudderberg, External Relations Manager
Colin Palombi, Curator
Fred Sasaki, Curator
Keidra Chaney, Curator
Eileen Truong, Bookkeeper